While we were in Tennessee, Gavin was able to experience lots of new things. One of them included going for a ride in a boat on Pickwick Lake. I have so many great memories as a child on this lake. I hope that we are able to come back to the lake as often as possible in order for Gavin to enjoy some of the same things. There is nothing like a summer in Pickwick!
Gran-gran was gracious enough to let us try our hand at water skiing again. Adam and I had a friendly wager on how many attempts it would take for us to be successful at slaloming (skiing on one ski.) Now I learned how to do this at the ripe old age of 7 so I thought I would be a little prideful and said it would only take me one time. Well along with my ego my muscles hurt all the next day :).
Even though Adam won the bet, he was the first and ONLY one to crash :).
But don't worry...he's OK!
As much fun as skiing was, the best part was watching the G-man enjoying the same waters as I did growing up. He loved swimming or floating in the water, driving the boat with Gran-gran, and even took a couple of snoozes.
Gav just could NOT stay awake while the boat was moving.
Gran-gran made Adam's day when he showed Gavin his latest "toy." It will be at least a year before Gavin will be allowed to ride it though. Pick your battles, right?
Thank you Gran-gran for such a fun visit. There's nothing like waking up to this view!





















No comments:
Post a Comment