Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back in good ole TN...Cromwell Visit

I know I know...It's been FOREVER since my last post.  I think I have a good excuse.  You see, we left NC, visited TN for a couple of weeks, and then moved to VA!  I'm tired just thinking about it again.  I wouldn't change a thing though!  We had a blast.  Gavin was able to get lots and lots of grandparent time.  I tell you what...that boy is loved beyond measure!  During our visit back home, we jumped from house to house.  This first group of pics are with the Cromwell side of the family...Nana, Papa, etc. 

We started the visit by going by Ma and Pa's (Gavin's great-grandparents).  They were like kids again, getting down in the floor, playing with Gavin.  He really enjoyed Pa's nose too :).






In true Cromwell fashion, we took lots of walks in the woods.  The woods in TN are filled with ticks, bugs, and snakes...just the kinda stuff we miss!  You will see from our faces that Papa told a really good joke too. The last pic here shows just how excited Gavin gets on walks...it is priceless!







Another Cromwell tradition in the summer is to head to the pool.  As most of you guys know, Gavin is no stranger to swimming....bathtub, river, lake, pool.  You name it, he splashes in it!







 Meanwhile, Gavin found the water spout pouring from the slide and decided to drink his weekly quota.

Papa decided to bring out the big guns for us over the 4th of July.  He cooked 6 FULL racks of ribs, 2 WHOLE chickens, and veges to boot.  It was a feast fit for a king.  While he was slaving away over the heat, the rest of the family took turns churning homemade ice cream for dessert.  Mouth watering yet?






Gavin even sported his latest hair-do! 


Gavin enjoyed some "boy" time with his cousins too!  He loved wrestling with them and crawling all over them while they rested on the floor.  I think this may be Gavin's future calling...






I think it's pretty much a given that every child learn how to play with Tupperware.  Gavin even used a bowl for a helmet.  I have to say, it came in handy more than once.




The Guinn's usually try and have a fish-fry down at the "camping place" every year.  Thankfully we were in town so we enjoyed some river bottom catfish...courtesy of Maw and Paw!  Now, I feel the need to set up these next pictures.  The "camping place" is more like an outdoor palace!  They have any and everything you need or want...bathrooms-check (2 of them actually), fans-check, swings/chairs/hammocks-check, crock pots-check, shade-check and on and on.  All of this was built by hand...truly an amazing place.














This last picture pretty much sums up the "camping place"


Gavin and I missed out on the fireworks...it was past our bedtime.  But I hear they were lots of fun.  They even set off something that looked like a hot air balloon.  The kids enjoyed Adam's special effects he made with the camera too. 






Laughter, love, and family what a great recipe!


1 comment:

  1. Love all the picture, Gavin is just so big! Hope all is well in VA

    ReplyDelete