Friday, April 27, 2012

Something about animals

It has been a wonderful experience living on base for the last 10 months.  But if Adam and I had our way, we would live on several acres of land, far away from neighbors and civilization.  Well Thomason Park is just the opposite.  In fact, we share a fence with our neighbors in the backyard. Even though we would still like the solitude, we have thoroughly enjoyed being in this neighborhood.  I say all this, to say this...we have met some wonderful friends that we will surely miss with our upcoming move.  Gavin has made TONS of new buddies and I will be sad when he realizes they are gone.  

Our neighborhood hosted a small traveling petting zoo, one afternoon.  The Joseph's were passing by our house and invited us to come with them.  So we jumped on the chance to go spend some time the animals as well as friends.

Started off with the "little horse"



Not afraid at all



"Rabbit" is one of the clearest words Gavin can say.


Owen enjoying the llama


Elena showing her friend how it's done


Little Morgan was a little unsure.  Meanwhile Gavin is calling the llama :).





Lucy enjoyed the animals...at a distance :)


Mommy helping her son feel more comfortable


He snuck up on us. LOL!


She felt safe in Daddy's arms




1 comment:

  1. (Caleb said, "Mom, I know them. Do you know them". He meant to say do you remember them (you guys)!
    Caleb loved telling me what all the animals were and asking me who all the kids were. I think's it's going to be a lot harder when the kids start having friends and knowing what it means to say goodbye!

    ReplyDelete