Tuesday, January 11, 2011

G's first Snow...

The news was calling for sleet and snow for New Bern and the surrounding areas.  Adam went into work early and barely made it to base before the roads became too bad to ride on so he hitched a ride home with Matt Beck.  We were able to enjoy almost the entire day together as a family.  We took Gavin out in the front yard and let him experience the snow as it fell on his face.
Gearing up in his new winter coat.



Wasn't a big fan of the cold air

But felt better in his daddy's arms

He kinda looks mad at us for doing this to him :)


When daddy's home it is hard to keep him inside.  I think he is Davey Crockett's cousin or something.  He LOVES to take the WHOLE family on walks through the woods.  Well today was no different...snow or no snow.  So we loaded up and headed out to the Croatan Forrest.  Gavin and I always go kicking and screaming but end up loving every moment of it. Tobiah, on the other hand, takes his excitement to a whole new level.  He is a hoot in the woods.  I think some of these pictures do a good job explaining how much fun he had...






It was a fun day!  We really enjoyed spending time outside as a family, despite my push-back at first.  I am quickly finding that I need to loosen up a little when it comes to sheltering my child...hopefully I will take my own advice and do that!








2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time and I'm sure Gavin was so toasty warm in there, he didn't even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, I love Gavin's little pouty face he's making. Looks like you had a fun day in the snow!

    ReplyDelete