What a start to 2014. We have had 3 "major" snow storms-well at least for Eastern North Carolina, Adam left on a detachment to Red Flag, Biggie came for an extended visit (Praise the Lord), and the boys have been sick pretty much all MONTH!
Right after Adam left for Vegas (yes, Vegas), some friends invited us to Pirates-and-Pancakes in downtown New Bern. I wasn't sure how Gav would react to the Pirates since we had not really taught him about Pirates yet. Needless to say, he LOVED it.
Lord BlackBeard...
Then we enjoyed snow storm Number 1. And Gav learned he could eat snow.
And here is the havoc RSV plays on a 3 month old :(...
First it was Gavin then it was Gray. Now Gav on the rebound enough to head to school in his 'Flight-suit" jacket like his daddy's. I can hear the theme song to Top Gun playing now.
Snow Storm Numero dos. And this time Biggie is here to play...
Grabbing a little snack while playing
Prepping for sledding...with dad out of town, wasn't sure how to rig one. But don't you worry, we came up with something ;).
That's right folks...a trash can lid and tow strap with 100lb(ish) 'mom' horsepower.
First attempt EVER at snow cream. It was a little thin but tasted delicious!
Still fighting off the crud. He was eventually put on an inhaler to keep his lungs and airways from swelling shut...scary stuff.
And snowstorm number 3! This poor thing was super confused. It was in the 70s the day before and then dropped 3 inches over night. I found this fella while on a run. I thought this was a snake, later found out it is actually a legless lizard. No joke! They can grow up to 4ft!
Tried to rescue him out of the snow before he froze himself to death.
I was more than happy to have January behind us! There were lots of blessings amongst the trials. I was able to start running-consistently again (thanks to the free time from Biggie). We all made it through our first real sickness of the winter. Adam was landed safely in Vegas!















No comments:
Post a Comment