Saturday, December 17, 2011

14 months!

Gavin continues to amaze us with his ability to learn new things daily.  His day starts at about 0630-0700.  He has his morning "coffee" (milk) with Mommy and Daddy.  He eats breakfast...usually cream of wheat, yogurt, and fruit.  We then take "bi-ya" on a morning run while Gavin watches the cars and kids pass by.  After our run, Gavin helps Mommy eat her breakfast.  We typically run errands until lunch time.   He eats lunch and goes down for a nap around noon for a couple of hours. After he wakes, he gets a snack and more playtime.  Then it's time to walk T-money again.  During our afternoon walk we stop by the park and let Gavin play and practice his climbing skills.  He is able to slide by himself and climb through the tunnels.  Soon after our walk, it's dinner time followed by more play time, bath time, and night-time milk.  Bedtime is still around 6:30pm.

Some of Gavin's favorite toys include rocks, sticks, and books.  He will bring us a book and then back up into our laps for us to read it.  He can make elephant, monkey, dogs, ducks, and lion sounds.  He says "bi-ya" for Tobiah, "da" for Dog, and makes a car/truck/school bus sound-  "Broom, broom."  He speaks "Gavin" all the time.  I can't wait until it becomes English.  He has quite the personality!

This is how I found him after his nap...not sure how he did it but he was proud.



He started his nap with socks on too...


Adam's EWS class hosted a Christmas party for families.  They started the party with Santa arriving in a fire truck.  Gavin was very happy about the fire truck, not so happy with Santa.


Notice the lack of smile on his face.  He couldn't decide if he liked Santa or not.  


Following daddy into the theater for "Welcome" remarks from the Colonel.


Gavin has started gymnastics.  He LOVES IT!  They have an "open" gym concept which basically means each parent is responsible for their own children.  This allows the children to explore on anything they are willing to.  Gymnastics are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10:45-11:30 and on Saturdays 8:30-9:15.

He loves to climb over the mats...




Jumping on the trampoline...



Adam is able to come on Saturday mornings.  I didn't want to show Gavin the foam pit until Adam was able to join us.  I knew it would quickly become Gav's favorite.  And Daddy is always better at making things more exciting and dangerous :). 

Throwing Gavin around in the pit...


I'm not sure if Gavin likes it or not...you be the judge :)



Taking a break...relaxing


Next up...the bars.  He is really good at climbing over, around, and under these.  I was shocked at how quickly he caught on.





Mommy's turn!  (You have to take off your socks or you will lose them in the pit.)


I love this pic!  Running and jumping into the pit!


Notice the lack of smile on Gav's face.  (I told you, Daddy is more fun with things like this.)


Not happy that we took him out.


Sleepy Gavin


"Really Dad, I'm not amused!"


Hang on for next month...coming soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment