Friday, September 30, 2011

Sticks and Stones


Leaves and dirt...these are now Gavin's favorite "toys."  You know it has been a "good day" for Gavin when he goes the whole day without playing in his playroom, when the inside toys are still in the toy box.  This means Gavin has dirt on his knees, under his fingernails, and most likely in his mouth!

Our home is located on a popular corner of the neighborhood.  We are the "bus stop" house and we have a big park right across the street.  This provides G with lots of things and people to watch while he digs in the dirt, bangs sticks on the sidewalk, and sheepishly smiles at passer-byers.  It is a great way to pass the time away.




He goes everywhere with a leaf in his hand.  He is very particular about how he holds it.  He positions it just right, holding the leaf by the stem.  Sometimes, if the leaf is too large, he will pull off some shaping it j-u-s-t right.


Tobiah looking out over his domain. He keeps an eye out for any "problems" that may arise.  


Once he has secured the perimeter, he takes a break to catch some quick Z's.


This day Gavin was playing while Daddy took the pics.  Adam is getting really really good at it. I wanted to make sure and separate his pics from mine because they are just THAT GOOD.


Gavin's bum...wet from the grass :)


His "stinker" face!


Go Rebels! I'm dirty...yeah.


"I like this stick"


"Whoa, it's a big one!" 


Eating grass, sticks, and dirt...Adam says no worries...extra fiber.







Not happy after bumping his head.


Getting better now that a truck is coming...


Analyzing his next move with the stick.


Anyone up for a sword fight?


I will just fight with myself then.


The days are starting to cool off and the sun is beginning to shine more.  Gavin is taking advantage of it all.  Thank you Lord for giving my son the ability to play outside and enjoy your beautiful land!











2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures of Gavin...can't wait to see him up and running. Catching him will be a big challenge I'm sure :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is OUTSTANDING! Needs to be up on your wall!! Love the leafs and sticks...

    ReplyDelete